Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
The primary purpose of the Freedom of Information Act is so the people shall be informed so that they may fully participate in the democratic process.
FOIA establishes procedures to ensure every citizen's right of access to government documents. A person has a right to inspect, copy, or receive copies of the public records of a public body. Requests must be in writing with enough specificity to enable the FOIA Coordinator to locate the records.
The new procedures and guidelines go into effect July 1, 2015.
Click on the following Procedures and Guidelines and Forms below:
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Procedures, Guidelines and Forms8 documents
- Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- FOIA Request For Public Records
- Notice To Extend Response Time For FOIA Request
- Notice Of Denial Of FOIA Request
- FOIA Appeal Form To Appeal A Denial Of Records
- FOIA Appeal Form To Appeal An Excess Fee
- FOIA Request Detailed Cost Information